Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Crest Malaysia

CREST is an organization of Christians from different denominations and churches who share a desire to reach the poor & needy and disaster victims with the love of God, demonstrated in practical ways in food, shelter, medicine, etc.

Teams of volunteers armed with multidisciplinary skills and God’s love reaching the most desperate, needy and receptive people in the world
Our vision is to have stand-by teams ready to be deployed to crisis relief work within the 10/40 Window. Like a reservist army, the teams will be on stand-by in advance at different times of the year. They will be deployed to do relief work / missions trips for short durations of between 1 to 2 weeks each time.

The goal is to harness not only the spiritual but also the natural and secular skills of Christians of multi-disciplinary backgrounds (cooks, housewives, children’s ministry workers, administrators, secretaries, electricians, plumbers, mechanics, engineers, doctors, nurses, dentists, accountants, logisticians, managers, worship leaders, intercessors, etc, ANYONE!). This way the whole church can get involved in missions in very “down to earth” practical ways, not just those who can preach and teach or feel called into full-time missions.

Our Mission
To be the "hands and feet" of Jesus bringing His love and hope to those caught in crises and disasters.

Research and statistics show that disasters and crises are increasing at an alarming rate among the poorest, most needy and unreached peoples of the world. God’s original mandate and concern is seen in His command for the tithes to be for the Levites, the aliens (refugees), the fatherless and the widows : Deut.14&26. God has called us to establish a crisis relief team made up of Christians from different denominations and skills who will train and work together to demonstrate His love and bring relief to people where the needs are most acute and urgent.

We are to go with His compassion, to be His feet and His hands, to comfort those who mourn, to bind up the broken-hearted, to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of heaviness. Isa.61.

Jesus identified so much with the poor, weak and oppressed that He said, “I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.......I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did it for me…” Matt. 25

CREST - Crisis Relief Services & Training Bhd
27 Jalan SS2/104, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Tel: +60 (3) 7725 7299 / +60 (3) 7712 1452
Email: crisis@tm.net.my

No comments: